Sunday, April 10, 2011

New Basket

Sorry for my long absence, blog, it's been winter! But now the weather is warming up and I've biked to the grocery store twice and to my classes once.

I finally attached my new basket to Marin! It was a little harder than I imagined it would be since the metal parts meant to attach to my rack were a little small and I had to bend them out of shape to get them to work. But eventually, success!
The main basket covers up the side one a little, so I have to take it off to put full bags into the side and then put it back on, but it works. My mom and Brian have asked if I felt off-balance having a basket only on one side now, but I actually feel much more balanced than when I used to carry heavy things just on my 1 rear basket! I think because this is lower to the ground it gives me a lower center of gravity?

Anyway, with the warmer weather I can wear shoes like this:

and my feet weren't even cold! This Sunday when I went grocery shopping I regretted taking a coat.
The side basket folds up. It's nice that when I'm not using it I don't have to have it in the way. Here's what I can carry now with my additional cargo space. This is what went into the rear basket:
  • 3 fresh beets
  • gallon of milk
  • full-size orange juice
  • family-size Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal
  • large container of arugula
  • carton of vegetable stock
And here's what went into my side basket:
  • 5 small yogurts
  • 1 jar of pickles
  • small bunch bananas
  • 5 cans of cat food
  • 1 can corn
  • bottle of white wine vinegar
  • 1 orange
  • 1 onion
  • 1 red bell pepper
  • 2 pears
  • 2 pickling cucumbers
So if the weather is nice where you are - get out there and bike or walk or do something outdoors. I can't wait for sundresses!

No comments:

Post a Comment